WATCHGUARD - NETWORK SECURITY
WATCHGUARD - AWARDS & PERFORMANCE REPORTS
WATCHGUARD SYSTEM MANAGER (WSM)
Intuitive Management for Firebox X Appliances
WatchGuard System Manager (WSM) is a powerful, intuitive interface used to centrally manage WatchGuard
security appliances. This includes firewall, VPN, intrusion prevention, URL filtering, web security,
anti-virus and anti-spam services, and appliance software updates.
Whether you’re a Managed Security Service Provider, novice network administrator of a small business,
or seasoned IT professional with a large distributed network to manage, WSM has tools that streamline
configuration and ongoing maintenance.
There are no additional modules to buy. Everything, even centralized logging and rich historical reporting,
is included with the purchase of the appliance.
The intuitive interface of WatchGuard System Manager (WSM) provides powerful, granular controls for
expert users, as well as indispensable ease-of-use for all.
EASY TO USE
- Manage one device or hundreds from one intuitive, Windows-based console for maximum efficiency.
- Use out-of-the-box templates and wizards to make setup easy and ongoing management straightforward.
- Shrink the time and effort needed to create centrally managed security configurations and
branch office VPN tunnels ‐ even those with dynamic IP addresses ‐ using simple drag-and-drop
setup. Three clicks and your remote office is connected.
- Validate security policies and make changes or adjustments, with instant feedback from interactive,
real-time monitoring tools. A clear, visually driven interface and plain-language log messages keep the
guesswork out of building and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture.
- Make one-touch configuration or firmware updates to all managed WatchGuard devices* to save time and
ensure policies are synchronized across a distributed organization.
- Gain system-wide visibility with real-time monitoring to analyze network activity and take immediate
corrective or preventive action without having to open separate configuration screens.
- Install all WSM components on a single PC for a complete solution on one workstation ‐ with no need
to deploy and maintain dedicated gateway appliances or third-party database software.
- Manage security subscriptions, including spamBlocker, WebBlocker, Gateway AV, Reputation Enabled
Defense, and Intrusion Prevention Service, with no additional management or reporting software to
purchase or maintain.
- Health monitoring for the WSM logging and reporting system helps minimize disruptions and maintain high
service levels in these critical functions.
- Generate reports on all security activity using more than 50 predefined report templates or use our Web
Services API with your favorite web report generation tool for fully customizable reporting.
- Centrally manage multiple WatchGuard XTM and Firebox X appliances in real time or as a scheduled task.
- Delegate user privileges with Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), using pre-defined or custom roles.
- Edit policies online or offline, allowing for immediate, quick updates, or for an offline review and
approval process. Different policies can be easily applied or modified, making quick work of troubleshooting,
security customization, and compliance tasks.
- Complement WSM with the other components of the WatchGuard management tool suite, including
the command line interface and web UI. All management tools work together to provide network
administrators with the means to effectively control security at all times, in all situations.
- Logging and reporting functions can still be combined on a single server for simplicity, but MSSPs and
larger organizations can take advantage of the ability to isolate the functions on a separate PC for high
performance, scalability, and redundancy.
- For MSSPs and larger end user organizations that need to generate historical reports for customers or
users, WSM provides a web-based, customizable reports portal designed to be hosted with direct Internet access
for easy report selection and viewing.