WATCHGUARD - NETWORK SECURITY
WATCHGUARD - AWARDS & PERFORMANCE REPORTS
WATCHGUARD FIREBOX M440
Comprehensive Protection with High Port Density
WatchGuard Firebox M440 Overview:
The Firebox M440 incorporates the same strong security, high performance and flexible management tools that distinguish our other UTM and
NGFW solutions, but this model delivers especially robust port density with twenty-five 1Gb Ethernet ports and two 10 Gb SFP+ (fiber) ports.
Eight of the ports provide Power over Ethernet (PoE), which is ideal for WatchGuard Access Points.
Because it's rich in independent ports, the Firebox M440 is an excellent platform for defining different network segments,
which industry experts acknowledge as the best practice for securing and protecting data. WatchGuard makes it easy to define policy and add
security services for each segment. The new policy map feature in WatchGuard Dimension™, which comes standard on all M440 appliances,
provides excellent visibility to the traffic in each segment.
- Comprehensive Protection - Best-of-breed security services boost protection in critical attack areas, including gateway AV, URL and
web content filtering, intrusion prevention, app control, and spam blocking.
- Real-time Visibility - A suite of big-data style visibility and reporting tools are included at no additional cost.
Use the Policy Map dashboard to quickly find active and misconfigured policies and drill down as needed.
- High Port Density - Includes 25 1Gb ports (8 of which have PoE) and 2 10Gb ports
- Outstanding Performance - Up to 6.7 Gbps firewall throughput and 3.2 Gbps VPN throughput. Turn on optional security services
and still see an amazing 1.6 Gbps throughput. WatchGuard leads the industry in performance when those critical services are enabled.
- 3 Ways to Manage Your Appliance - You have the power to choose how you manage your WatchGuard appliance, including WatchGuard
System Manager, the command line interface, and a web UI for access from anywhere, anytime.
- Quick and Secure Setup - Take advantage of innovative features like drag-and-drop VPN creation and RapidDeploy technology to
make fast work of extending your network.
- Advanced Networking - Intuitive management console enables quick copying of corporate policy across multiple appliances.
- Remote Connectivity Options - Includes SSL and IPSec VPN for flexibility in remote access with support for Apple iOS devices
such as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Application Control - Control the use of Web 2.0 and other applications on your network for tighter security, better use of
bandwidth, and greater productivity.
Highest UTM Performance In The Industry:
- Firewall throughput of up to 6.7 Gbps and UTM throughput of 1.6 Gbps.
- No need to compromise protection for strong performance or vice versa. Multi-layered, interlocking security protects the network while throughput remains high.
- Application-layer content inspection recognizes & blocks threats that stateful packet firewalls cannot detect.
- Powerful subscription-based security services boost protection in critical attack areas for multiple layers of defense.
By partnering with leading technology providers, WatchGuard is able to integrate best-of-breed security components into one platform for
stronger security at big cost savings.
- APT Blocker is a cloud-based service that uses a combination of sandboxing and full system emulation to detect and block highly
sophisticated Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs).
- Application Control keeps unproductive, inappropriate, and dangerous applications off-limits.
- Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS) delivers in-line protection from malicious exploits, including buffer overflows,
SQL injections, and cross-site scripting attacks.
- WebBlocker controls access to sites that host objectionable material or pose network security risks.
- Gateway AntiVirus (GAV) scans traffic on all major protocols to stop threats.
- spamBlocker delivers continuous protection from unwanted and dangerous email.
- Reputation Enabled Defense ensures faster, safer web surfing with cloud-based reputation look-up.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) automatically inspects data in motion for corporate policy violations.
- Multiple VPN choices (IPSec, SSL, L2TP) for secure remote access include support for Android and Apple iOS devices.
Easy To Manage:
- Interactive, real-time monitoring and reporting - at no additional charge - give an unprecedented view into network security
activity for immediate preventive or corrective actions.
- WatchGuard Dimension, a public and private cloud-ready visiblity solution, instantly turns raw data into security intelligence.
- Intuitive management console centrally manages all security functions.
- Drag-and-drop Branch Office VPN setup - three clicks and your remote office is connected.
Highest Port Density:
- 8 Power over Ethernet ports make the M440 an ideal Gateway Wireless Controller for WatchGuard Access Points.
- 25 1 Gb Ethernet and 2 SFP+ Fiber ports eliminate the need for a separate switch. (SFP+ transceivers available as optional accessory.)
- Redundant power supplies ensure high availability. (Second power supply is an optional accessory.)
Download the Datasheet here.