WATCHGUARD - NETWORK SECURITY
WATCHGUARD - AWARDS & PERFORMANCE REPORTS
WATCHGUARD FIREBOX M400 & M500
Comprehensive Protection with High Port Density
WatchGuard Firebox M400 & M500 Overview:
Firebox M400 and M500 firewalls are specifically engineered for mid-sized and distributed enterprises that are struggling to
effectively and affordably secure networks in the face of explosive growth in bandwidth rates, encrypted traffic, video use, and connection speeds.
With an operating system built on the latest generation of processors from Intel, the M400 and M500 have all the power they need
to run their security scanning engines in parallel, without causing a bottleneck in performance. This ensures network pros never have to
compromise network security for performance.
- Comprehensive Protection - Best-of-breed security services boost protection in critical attack areas, including gateway AV,
URL and web content filtering, intrusion prevention, app control, and spam blocking.
- Real-time Visibility - A suite of big-data style visibility and reporting tools are included at no additional cost.
Use the Policy Map dashboard to quickly find active and misconfigured policies and drill down as needed.
- Maximum Network Uptime - High availability capabilities – active/active and active/passive – ensure your network is always up
and running. Buy two M400s or M500s for a high availability pair and receive 50% off the cost of the second device.
- Outstanding Performance - Up to 8 Gbps firewall throughput and 1.7 Gbps UTM throughput.
Turn on optional security services and still see up to 1.7 Gbps throughput.
- 3 Ways to Manage Your Appliance - You have the power to choose how you manage your WatchGuard appliance,
including WatchGuard System Manager, the command line interface, and a web UI for access from anywhere, anytime.
- Quick and Secure Setup - Take advantage of innovative features like drag-and-drop VPN creation and RapidDeploy technology
to make fast work of extending your network.
- Advanced Networking - Intuitive management console enables quick copying of corporate policy across multiple appliances.
- Remote Connectivity Options - Includes SSL and IPSec VPN for flexibility in remote access with support for Apple
iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Application Control - Control the use of Web 2.0 and other applications on your network for tighter security,
better use of bandwidth, and greater productivity.
Highest UTM Performance in the Industry:
- Firewall throughput of up to 8 Gbps to keep traffic moving.
- Best UTM throughput in its class – up to 1.7 Gbps – even with strong security enabled.
- No need to compromise protection for strong performance or vice versa. Multi-layered, interlocking security protects the network while
throughput remains high.
- Gigabit Ethernet ports support high-speed LAN backbone infrastructures & gigabit WAN connections, including 2 SFP ports for fiber or copper.
- Application-layer content inspection recognizes & blocks threats that stateful packet firewalls cannot detect.
- Powerful subscription-based security services boost protection in critical attack areas for multiple layers of defense.
By partnering with leading technology providers, WatchGuard is able to integrate best-of-breed security components into one platform for
stronger security at big cost savings.
- APT Blocker is a cloud-based service that uses a combination of sandboxing and full system emulation to detect and block highly
sophisticated Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs).
- Application Control keeps unproductive, inappropriate, and dangerous applications off-limits.
- Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS) delivers in-line protection from malicious exploits, including buffer overflows,
SQL injections, and cross-site scripting attacks.
- WebBlocker controls access to sites that host objectionable material or pose network security risks.
- Gateway AntiVirus (GAV) scans traffic on all major protocols to stop threats.
- spamBlocker delivers continuous protection from unwanted and dangerous email.
- Reputation Enabled Defense ensures faster, safer web surfing with cloud-based reputation look-up.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) automatically inspects data in motion for corporate policy violations.
- Advanced networking features, such as dynamic routing and link aggregation, allow you to add security without needing to change
existing network infrastructure.
- Multiple VPN choices (IPSec, SSL, L2TP) for secure remote access include support for Android and Apple iOS devices.
Easy To Manage:
- WatchGuard Dimension, a public and private cloud-ready visibility solution, instantly turns raw data into security intelligence.
- Interactive, real-time monitoring and reporting – at no additional charge – give an unprecedented view into network security activity so you
can take immediate preventive or corrective actions.
- RapidDeploy enables quick, secure configuration at remote locations without technical staff.
- Intuitive management console centrally manages all security functions.
- WAN and VPN failover provide redundancy for increased reliability.
- Extend best-in-class UTM security to the WLAN by adding WatchGuard’s Wireless Access Points.
- Drag-and-drop Branch Office VPN setup – three clicks and your remote office is connected.
Download the Datasheet here.