WATCHGUARD - NETWORK SECURITY
WATCHGUARD - AWARDS & PERFORMANCE REPORTS
WATCHGUARD REPUTATION ENABLED DEFENSE
Stop Web Threats While - Boosting Performance
What if you could have stronger security and faster web performance without having to add a whole new box?
With Reputation Enabled Defense, you can. WatchGuard is the only UTM solution on the market that offers
web reputation defense as a fully integrated security subscription for all WatchGuard XTM appliances,
protecting web users from malicious web pages while dramatically reducing web processing overhead.
Next-Generation Web Reputation
Relies on a powerful, cloud-based web reputation service that aggregates data from multiple feeds,
including industry-leading anti-virus engines, for real-time protection from web threats.
Alleviates AV Processing
Traffic to URLs with a bad reputation will be blocked immediately, freeing up your box to do more
important tasks instead of constant AV scanning. Tests show a reduction of up to 50% in
IT administrators use one interface to manage this subscription along with all other
WatchGuard XTM security services. Reputation Enabled Defense can be managed with either the
intuitive centralized console or the handy web UI for maximum flexibility.
Reputation Enabled Defense keeps your web users safe and boosts performance
Greater Protection From Web Threats
Reputation Enabled Defense delivers a secure web browsing experience through a reputation lookup that
scores URLs as good, bad, or unknown. The lookup relies on a powerful, cloud-based reputation database that
aggregates data from multiple feeds, including industry-leading anti-virus engines.
- URLs whose reputation is clearly bad are immediately blocked.
- Continuous updates to the reputation database allow it to stay current with dynamic web content and
changing web conditions for real-time protection ‐ no waiting for hourly or daily updates to be sent
- Reputation scores are determined for specify URLs, not just the site or IP address.
Faster, More Productive Web Surfing
Reputation Enabled Defense speeds up browsing because it eliminates the need to scan all web
traffic for threats. URLs with a good reputation score can safely bypass AV scanning.
- Local cache of reputation scores allows for quick processing of URLs.
- More efficient use of appliance resources enables greater user capacity.
- Up to 50% of URL scanning can be skipped without compromising security, resulting in faster browsing
times and greater throughput at the gateway.
Flexible Management And Rich Reporting
IT administrators use one interface to manage this subscription along with all other WatchGuard XTM
security services. Reputation Enabled Defense can be managed with either the intuitive, centralized console
or the handy web UI for maximum flexibility
- IT administrator can configure the thresholds for reputations.
- Comprehensive reports are included that show administrators the impact of Reputation Enabled Defense
in their environments.
Up-to-the-minute URL reputation checks from a powerful, cloud-based database allow safe traffic in
while keeping bad traffic out. Only unknown traffic is directed to further AV scanning, for substantial
gains in web processing time.