WATCHGUARD - NETWORK SECURITY
WATCHGUARD - AWARDS & PERFORMANCE REPORTS
WATCHGUARD APPLICATION CONTROL
An integrated security subscription for WatchGuard XTM Series appliances
WatchGuard Application Control is a fully integrated security subscription for all WatchGuard XTM appliances.
It enables IT administrators to monitor and control access to web and business applications to enforce policy,
and protect productivity and network bandwidth.
Application Control keeps unproductive, inappropriate, and dangerous applications off-limits
Stay on top of the applications running on your network for tight security and high productivity with a
subscription to WatchGuard Application Control. It allows you to establish which applications that can be used
within your organization, by whom, and when.
- Exercise finne-grained control over more than 1,500 applications, organized by category.
- Rely on over 2,300 signatures and sophisticated behavioral analysis to identify applications trying to enter your network, regardless of destination address or L7 protocol, including encrypted applications that are specifically designed to bypass ordinary security measures.
- Establish acceptable use policies for users and groups by category, application, and application sub-function for maximum flexibility.
- Take advantage of real-time and historical visibility into what’s being accessed on your network to report on application usage. Use the information to demonstrate compliance, evaluate employee need, and refine acceptable use policies.
Control and Block More than 1,800 Web 2.0 and Business Applications
Application Control in Action
With Application Control, you can selectively allow, block, or restrict access to applications
based on a user’s department, job function, and time of day, and generate reports on usage.
For example, you could choose to:
- Block use of YouTube, Skype, and QQ at all times, during key business hours, or never
- Block use of all P2P applications for anyone who is not part of the management team
- Allow the marketing department access to Facebook and other social networking sites
- Allow Windows Live Messenger for instant messaging, but disallow using it for file transfers
- Limit streaming media applications to specific times of day
- Report on the top ten applications used in the company
- Report on the use (or attempted use) of applications by any individual in the company