WATCHGUARD - NETWORK SECURITY
WATCHGUARD - AWARDS & PERFORMANCE REPORTS
WATCHGUARD WIRELESS ACCESS POINTS
AP100 & AP200
The mass adoption of smart wireless devices like tablets, smartphones and notebooks is driving the BYOD
(bring your own device) explosion, putting ever increasing demands on wireless networks. This pressure,
coupled with the "wild west" nature of WLAN, means it is now more important than ever to have
control of your entire network – both wired and wireless – with best-in-class security, integrated security
policies, and increased visibility.
Extend best-in-class UTM security to the WLAN
Protecting against today’s sophisticated blended threats requires multiple security capabilities,
and these threats don’t discriminate between a wired or wireless network path to their targets.
WatchGuard’s AP100 and AP200 meet this challenge by extending best-in-class UTM security –
including application control, intrusion prevention, URL and web content filtering, virus and spam blocking
and more – from the XTM to the WLAN. With the AP100 and AP200, businesses can harness the power of
mobile devices without putting network assets at risk.
Integrate wired and wireless security policies
WatchGuard’s AP100 and AP200 allow users to easily apply security policies to wired and WLAN
resources simultaneously, which is critical to enforcing security standards across the entire network
infrastructure. And updating integrated policies couldn’t be simpler – creating huge IT time-savings.
Unified device management
Unified device management tools offer a "single pane of glass" view into network security
activities and allow users to configure and manage their AP100/AP200 and XTM devices from one place –
reducing both setup time and maintenance costs.
What’s behind the AP100 and AP200:
- Best-in-class hardware – WatchGuard’s wireless access points are built using the latest
generation of wireless hardware, incorporating advanced technologies to deliver 2x2 MIMO with dual
spatial streams capable of handling data rates up to 600 Mbps.
- Ease of management – With unified management tools, administrators can easily manage both
their AP devices and XTM appliances from a single console.
- Strong security – Features like MAC filtering, client reporting, Captive Portal technology, 802.1X authentication, and PCI compliant scan and reporting, ensure a strong WLAN security stance.
- Simple roaming - WatchGuard AP devices have you covered, with up to 16 SSIDs, and seamless network access when roaming between access points.
- Great coverage, low profile - Powerful radios and internal antennas housed in a sleek design allow for maximum coverage with a subtle deployment profile, suitable for any space.
- Flexible power options - Power options include Power Over Ethernet (PoE), A/C adapter (included), and PoE injector (optional) for maximum deployment flexibility. AP200’s plenum enclosure offers safety code compliance for those who need it.
- Lower TCO - Realize big cost savings, with no separate controller hardware costs, no per-AP "seat"
charges, and no controller software license fees.